New Page 2
New Page 2
Economic Research Advisory Network (ERAN)
About ERAN | Call for Papers | Membership | Contacts us
| Previous Conferences | Research Agenda | Editorial Policy
3rd Economic Research Advisory Network (ERAN) 2018 Annual Conference
Unlocking Inclusivity in Growth for Radical Socio-Economic Change in South Africa
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa 14 to 16 March 2018
Call for Papers
Abstracts submission deadline: 1 December 2017
Individuals are invited to submit abstract(s) for the third ERAN Annual Conference to be held on 14 to 16 March 2018 in Durban.
(Click here to read the concept note)
The Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) and the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (KZN EDTEA)
- The ERAN conference invites submission of professional research abstracts of between 200 and 300 words with five to 10 keywords from academics, business and economic experts.
- Submitted papers should reflect policy implications, recommendations or suggestions.
- Interested individuals are requested to submit their abstract under the following thematic areas:
Author(s) must indicate under which theme the paper falls.
Only final and completed papers will be presented at the 3rd ERAN conference.
The conference will comprise plenary and break-out sessions that feature presentations and discussions by prominent academics, policymakers and business professionals.
Peer-reviewed papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
- Pro-growth policies to foster inclusiveness
- political economy of growth (institutional transformation and adaptability to evolving economic condition)
- scope for creating support for innovation and entrepreneurship
- pro-competition regulatory reform
- the structure of the economy (its impact on unemployment and local economic development, including competition issues, small enterprise, the informal sector, value chain and labour markets)
- Growth and expansion of economic opportunity
- economic growth and productive employment
- access to economic infrastructure
- investment in value-adding manufacture
- export and labour-intensive economic sectors
- create opportunities for new and emerging black industrialists and entrepreneurs
- Social inclusion to ensure equal access to economic opportunity
- access and inputs to education and training
- greater customisation of social services
- Good governance and institutions
- markets institution and inclusive growth
- inclusive export-led growth
- financial services provided to non-financial sectors
- entry barriers facing non-financial firms
- Please submit your abstract(s)/full paper(s) in (MS Word format) via online (click here for guidelines and
MS Word template).
- Abstracts/full papers received by the deadline will be peer-reviewed by an internal panel.
- A notification of acceptance/rejection will be issued to the submitting author via e-mail.
- For co-authored papers/abstracts, the submitting author will serve as the corresponding author and will be required to forward all correspondence to his/her co-authors.
- English is the official language of the conference.
- Abstracts/full papers accepted for ERAN will be included in the conference proceedings.
- Authors are not required to transfer copyright to ERAN.
- Deadline for submission of abstract: 1 December 2017
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: 14 December 2017
- Deadline for submission of draft papers: 19 January 2018
- Deadline for submission of final papers: 16 February 2018
- Conference date: 14 to 16 March 2018
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- No registration fee for participants
- Presenters attending the conference need to register to attend
- Delegates are requested to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements